Wednesday, March 7, 2012

It's SXSW Week!

SXSW 2012 is just days away. I'm heading to Austin tomorrow morning and I'm very excited about all that this year's festival has in store. A quick perusal of the session guide reveals one thing: the number of sessions devoted to the topic of data (especially data visualization) has grown significantly.

Some of you may remember that my main complaint from SXSW 2011 was that the amount of time and attention devoted to data...well...sucked. For anyone interested in my argument, I have linked a small presentation I made last year upon my return. It was largely tongue-in-cheek (I had a GREAT time at SXSW 2011 and all the presenters I saw were top notch), but I was concerned about the treatment -- or lack thereof -- that data received. It seems that data may just claim a much more prominent role in this year's festival.

See you in Austin!



[CLICK HERE TO OPEN DOCUMENT IN NEW WINDOW]